Tuesday 24 May 2016

TOP SUMMER LIP COLOURS- COLLAB



So this is my first collaboration on my new blog and what better way than to be with the lovely Jade from Simply Jadey! You have to check out her blog as you will no doubt fall in love with it like I did, she's honestly such a nice person and we've actually been talking for a few weeks now.
Summer is on its way and that means getting together all your summer makeup, including Lipsticks. I always find Lipsticks the hardest to purchase as theres so many different brands, colours and finishes to choose from. This is why I have put together all of my favourite summer shades to help you find some that could become a part of your summer collection!


The first of my top summer lip colours is the shade 'Beehive' from Topshop, it retails at £8. This has been a part of my lipstick collection for a long time now and is probably one of my first Lipsticks! I love this shade as it is a really nice wearable everyday pink and has a slight matte finish, its a really creamy formula so its not drying at all. I haven't worn this in a long time as I had totally forgotten about it but I will definitely be wearing this a lot throughout summer.


The next summer lip colour is from Clinique, I got this free in the Glamour magazine and its in the shade Nude Pop. The full sized version retails at £16, I love the formula of this lipstick as it is really hydrating on the lips. The colour is really sheer with a slight shimmer to it which makes it a perfect nude for summer.


Something I know I will be reaching for a lot over summer is 'bene balm' by Benefit, I was given this in a set for Christmas but if you were to buy it on its own it would cost you £14.50. I love how easy to wear this colour is as it is such a lovely sheer red, due to this being a balm it does mean that it isn't very pigmented but it looks like a lip stain.


In the set I received for Christmas I also got 'posie balm' which is another perfect shade for summer, its a really nice light pink that can be worn with almost anything. I love how moisturising and hydrating these balms are as this makes it so much easier to wear as you don't have to worry about it drying out your lips. 


My final summer lip colour is from Mac and is in the shade 'Flamingo', it does look really bright in my swatch on the paper however because its a Lustre finish it means it doesn't come out this pigmented on your lips. It has a similar formula to the benefit balms as its really hydrating and creamy and actually blends really nice with my natural lip colour.

I hope you found this post useful for finding summer lip colour shades as I know how hard it can be in shops to find one that you like which is why I find posts like this so useful!  Don't forget to head over to Jades blog to see what her top summer lip colours are.
Whats you're favourite lipstick to wear in summer?

No comments:

Post a Comment