Wednesday 18 May 2016

MAC LIPSTICK COLLECTION


Okay so my collection isn't the biggest out there but I'm slowly starting to find more shades that suit my skin tone. Theres something about the way they are displayed in the store that gets me all confused with the different finishes and colours, so I tend to watch videos on youtube of peoples collections so that I can see what they look like on someone and also hear what they think about the formulas because £15.50 is a lot of money to spend on something you don't like.


The first lipstick in my collection is in the shade 'Blankety' which is an amplified finish. I had this on my christmas list after really liking the look of it in Emily Canham's Mac lipstick collection video. I thought that this would be perfect for me as I don't really like to wear anything to bright. After trying it out for a few weeks I wasn't too keen on the finish of this lipstick, it really doesn't sit well on my lips and doesn't blend well on the inner part leaving a really clear line. I find this does actually look better when I have dry lips or I have lined them but it has definitely put me off getting any others in this finish because it doesn't feel comfortable on my lips at all.


The next lipstick I received of a friend for Christmas and is actually one of my favourites by far, it's in the shade 'Modesty' and is a cremesheen finish. The colour of this lipstick is a really pinky nude and I would say is a 'my lips but better' shade. It goes onto my lips so nicely and the formula is really smooth and not drying at all. I do prefer this one so much more to the Amplified finish as it is a lot more pigmented on my lips and feels a lot more comfortable to wear.


Where to start with this shade... I have to say if I'm ever unsure which colour to go for with lipstick I will 9 times out of 10 pick this one as I know I can't go wrong with it! Its the shade 'Mehr' and its a matte finish. I was a bit worried about finding it really drying but I have been really surprised to find it more comfortable to wear than any of the others I have. This might be because it lasts a lot longer on my lips so I'm not worried that I need to keep re applying it but this colour is so pigmented and a really nice warm berry purple/red. This shade is super complimentary to my skin tone which is an added bonus!


Last but not least my final Mac lipstick is in the shade 'Flamingo' this is a lustre finish. This was the first Mac lipstick in my collection and I received this as a Birthday gift off my friend. The finish of this lipstick means that it isn't as pigmented as all of the others so it goes on as more of a balm which makes it really easy to wear. I fell in love with this colour after swatching it a few times in the shop and thought it would be perfect for summer, because it is so sheer you can wear it really easily. Its a perfect colour for those of you who want to try something a little more colourful but without it being too bright and bold as this blends well with your natural lip colour.


Well, thank you for sticking with me to the end of my collection, I know its not the biggest but I love to see what colours other people have in their collections so thought that this might help some of you out if you have been looking into getting a new shade recently. I hope this helped you with the different finishes that they have as I know I didn't really have much of a clue when I first started to collect them.
Do you have any Mac lipsticks? If not are there any shades you want to get?



2 comments:

  1. I loved this post Mollie! I found it so useful that you added in different images of each of the shades, so we could see a swatch, what finish it is and what the colour is like in the tube. I agree with your point about them being expensive, so you like to watch beauty videos and get other people's thoughts first, as you trust their opinions more than just looking in the shop! I particularly like the look of 'mehr' and modesty, so I shall definitely be picking one (or maybe both if I can't resist, thanks to you hehe!) up very soon :)

    Lovely, informative post girl

    Jade xx | simplyjadey.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Jade! Yeah I'm quite disappointed about 'blankety' because I won't be wearing it much so it's kind of going to waste so might have to give it a friend or something! Aww thank you for the lovely comment☺️🙈xx

      Delete