Sunday 15 May 2016

MINT AERO CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES


Baking isn't really something I do very often but if I'm going to be baking anything it will be cake, and more often than not it will be chocolate! If you're a chocolate cake lover like me and are also a fan of mint chocolate then carry on reading to see how you can make my 'mint chocolate Aero cupcakes'. They are super super easy to make and if you aren't keen on mint Aero you could always substitute it for the original chocolate flavour.

Ingredients:

Cupcakes
  • 100g of butter (I used unsalted but they can be made with either)
  • 100g of caster sugar
  • 75g of self raising flour
  • 25g of coco powder
  • 2 large eggs
Icing
  • 100g of butter
  • 225g of icing sugar
  • 2 tbsp of milk
  • blue food colouring 
  • small bar of mint Aero
Decoration 
  • Packet of Aero bubbles

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and place 12 cupcake cases into your baking tin.
  2. To make the cake mix simply soften the butter in a bowl until it is a smooth consistency and then add the sugar to this, mixing it together until it becomes lighter in colour.
  3. Crack your eggs into a separate bowl and whisk them together with a fork, then sift your flour and coco powder together in another bowl.
  4. Once you have done this add small amounts of each at a time and mix together using a wooden spoon until you have emptied both bowls.
  5. Spoon the mixture evenly into your cupcake cases using a teaspoon and your little finger to scrape all the mixture off the spoon into the cases (if you want a cleaner option use another tea spoon).
  6. Place your baking tray into the preheated oven for around 15 minutes, make sure you check them after 10 minutes because depending on your oven they might cook faster. To tell if they are cooked poke a fork or a cocktail stick into one of the cakes and if it comes out clean they are ready!
  7. Let the cakes cool on a cooling rack, while they are cooling you can mix up your icing.

To create the butter cream icing you simply just mix together the butter and icing sugar until it forms a smooth consistency, you then need to crush up your small bar of Aero and mix it into the buttercream. Once it has all been mixed together transfer the mixture to a piping bag with an open star shaped nozzle (I will link the shape I have used here) and then pipe it onto your cakes starting from the outside and finishing in the middle. 
To decorate I simply placed an Aero bubble on the top and with some of the leftovers I crushed them up and sprinkled them on top. Once you have done this they are ready to eat, Enjoy!!

Thank you for reading I hope you enjoy this recipe, if you do try it out please tag me in a photo on Instagram so I can see! Whats your favourite thing to bake?



4 comments:

  1. Such a lovely blog post Mollie 😘 I want to make these now 🙈 They look so good but I know mine won't turn out like yours 😂 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Milly! We could always do so,e together hahaha🙈 I'm sure they would!😜

      Delete
  2. They look so delicious!! I love anything mint flavoured. I will definitely try these!!!

    http://fleurdelailis.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww let me know how you get on! They are very addictive I must have eaten about 4 in one day!!x

      Delete