Sunday 8 May 2016

NEW BEAUTY PURCHASES/ FIRST IMPRESSIONS


Since this is my first post on my new blog I thought, what better way to start it off than with a beauty haul! I haven't really been splashing out on makeup recently but I've been picking up a few pieces here and there and started to collect quite a few new purchases.

The first shop I went into was boots, initially I wanted to get the Infallible Sculpt Contouring Palette by L'oreal after seeing so many people talking about it. However when I got there I wasn't too keen on the idea of it being a cream to powder formulation which didn't really appeal to me. After looking at their other products I came across their 'True match' range, this is where I picked up the Super-blendable powder in the shade 'Rose Vanilla', Super-blendable foundation in the shade 'Vanilla' and the Le Blush in the shade 'Rosewood'. I chose to get darker shades to my natural skin tone as I have been using fake tan recently and wanted something to match up with this.
So far I have been loving the foundation, it is perfect for those of you who are looking for something with a high coverage, however the only thing I will say is that you only need a small amount as it can look quite heavy on the skin. I have also been loving the blush as it is such a gorgeous shade of pink with a slight shimmer, and a bonus is that it comes with a brush perfect for contouring, so I've been using the brush for that!

The next item I picked up was from Superdrug, I went in looking for a new mascara as my Benefit Roller Lash is slowly starting to dry up! its honestly been my favourite mascara yet but I chose to look at something more affordable which is why I picked up the Maybelline 'Lash Sensational' mascara in intense black. I actually haven't tried this yet as I didn't want to open the bottle till I had finished up my current mascara but I have heard so many good things.

My final purchase was from The Body Shop, after seeing someone talk about this on their youtube channel (I can't for the life of me remember who!) is one of their 'Shade adjusting drops' in the Lightening shade. I planned on purchasing them both but at £10 each I thought that one would be enough. I chose the lightening shade over the darkening due to the woman in the shop telling me that this was the one that sold out the quickest and also because I have quite a few foundations that are slightly too dark for me. I absolutely love the concept of being able to lighten your foundations and concealers to either match your skin tone or even to make a highlighting shade! This product is so handy and will no doubt last me forever.

I will more than likely write another post keeping you updated on how I get on with these products after I have used them for a longer period of time.
Have you made any recent beauty purchases?


No comments:

Post a Comment